Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, March 22, 2008

the 31st week of pregnancy

I just completed my 31st week of pregnancy, meaning I am now 31weeks0d. Not sure why I was never able to get the ticker to show up properly in the header up there...

It was an exhausting week. On Monday, I had a parent conference after school, followed by an appointment with the tax accountant, run home to eat dinner, and then back to the babysitter's so that I could babysit her daughter while they went to church. She and her husband sing in the choir and had to sing for the reconciliation mass...she got home around 11:15...I was exhausted. My plan had been to fall asleep on their couch after the girls got to bed (I left Eliana there when I left since it didnt make sense to wake her up to put her back to bed to wake her up in the morning to drop her off...), but their dog barked the ENTIRE night and I couldnt sleep more than about 15-20 minutes. argh.

Tuesday, I had my NST after school. Thankfully, it was uneventful.

Wednesday, I had my OB appointment. My blood pressure was a little up, 130something over 70something, from just the day before at my NST. My OB was out so I saw someone else..it was a woman, and I felt more comfortable asking her questions, and I asked her about circumcision because I am still undecided. She wouldnt answer thing, however, other than basic questions about how much it costs and when they do it. I even said, "if you were having a son, would you circumcise him?" but she said that was a personal decision..frustrating. I am asking not in judgement, but because I really wanted to know what a "respected" "informed" person thought... When I asked my ped, he had no difficulty talking to me about it and told me that he "marginally recommended it"...I am just not sure that "marginal" is enough to take something away from a person who has no say in it with no compelling reason... Anyway, she also increased one of ym diabetes meds. I half expected to be put on insulin...hopefully it will work. It didnt look like it was working, but then agian, I ate horribly for dinner (pizza one night and Mcdonalds the other...this is what happens when I have all these darn appoitnments and get home so late!), but my after dinner numbers the past two days with homemade chicken fajitas has been good. My lunch numbers still leave something to be desired though...

Thursday, I had another growth ultrasound. Jacob seems to be doing well...he was estimated at 3pounds 13ounces. Not sure where that relates, but I think from the few week equivalents that I saw that he is now probably about 1 week ahead instead of 2...

Looking forward to a much more relaxed week next week with only one appointment..my weekly NST on Wed. The following week is spring break, and I convinced my mom to come out to help watch Eliana during my many appointments taht week (one a day Tuesday-Friday!) and hopefully to help me get Jacob's room to actually BE his room and not the guest/storage room...

Also looking forward to Easter tomorrow. Today, I took Eliana to an Easter egg hunt at one of my churches. She had a great time picking up eggs and putting them in her basket. We came home, and she slept for almost 4 hours!! After supper tonight, we coloured Easter eggs too which she thought was a lot of fun...especially since we put stickers on them too. LOL. Tomorrow, we may go to church if we get up early enough (the service is at 8!), it is followed by a breakfast and egg hunt so i think she would like that. If we don't get up early enough, we might to the other church (the one that had the egg hunt today) because I wouldnt mind seeing their Easter program, and I know she always enjoys their children's church. Whatever we do in the morning, I am hoping I can get her to haev a decent nap before we head over to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner and a visit from the Easter bunny. :)

Happy Easter to all of you who celebrate!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Glad to hear you are doing great & so is the new baby boy.
The pictures are wonderful!!!
Have a Happy Easter!

March 23, 2008 5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home