Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jacob has received his eviction notice!

First off, thank you to everyone for your kind comments below. Things have thankfully fallen into place for a sub. I never did hear from Human Resources which is just plain strange, but thankfully my department head had the email address for one candidate and eventually gave it to me. (why she couldn't have given it to me on Friday so I wouldnt have had to spend the whole weekend stressing...is beyond me). I met with the candidate today and "hired" her. Honestly, I have no idea how one shoudl really go about doing these things, but I was at the point where I am pretty sure anybody who was "capable" would do. LOL. Hopefully she will end up being a great choice. :)

I still don't know what I am doing for bottles...I guess I have decided to replace them, although I really would rather just use my Avent ones...I was leaning towards the Born Free bottles, but I read somewhere that they had a lot of parts, and that will just annoy me...I likely will end up going with the playtex drop-ins, but I want to check out the evenflo bottles first (the nipples look small from the pictures online and I am not sure if they will be good for a breastfeeding baby...) They would be the cheapest choice, and simple...so that would be great if they worked. :)

And, as my title said, I have an official eviction date for Jacob. If he does not decide to make his appearance beforehand, he will be induced on Mother's day, May 11th. I would rather go into labour on my own, but I am not too hopeful since I didn't with Eliana either...

I had an ultrasound on Monday, and Jacob is ALREADY (as of 35w2d) measuring bigger than Eliana was at birth (38w0d)! yikes! He is estimated at 6lb11oz. The OB predicted today that he would be about 8 pounds at birth...I guess that is a "normal" weight, but compared to Eliana, that just seems so huge!

Once Jacob arrives, it will take a while for me to update, since I will be in the hospital for around 3 days after delivery due to the clotting issues...what a long time. I found it so boring last time, and I suspect i will again...even more so as I will be hooked up to an IV for a few days after delivery...argh.

OK, well, I am exhausted and heading to bed. Have a wonderful night everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger tammy said...

Congrats on Jacob! I'm sooo out of touch with all my old online friends (let alone the IRL ones!). thanks for the comment on my site. little boys are wonderful! (and i'd STILL love to have a girl too!)

re: bottles - i just reluctantly switched from advent myself but given what i read and how they aren't expecting to be available in 6 months it didn't make sense to continue with them if the company doesn't believe in them. i ended up going to gerber clearviews (also under the name essentials). one of the sites i found the info on is http://zrecs.blogspot.com/2007/07/z-report-bisphenol-in-polycarbonate.html. you can find them at target at $2.99 for 3 with silicone nipples (some are sold w/ latex, i prefer silicone). they aren't the most aesthetically pleasing but they're safe. i wouldn't have minded paying more but didn't seem to find anything between those and the borne free ones that are over the top in price.

best of luck with your little one and stay in touch when you can. my 'little' one was 6 lb12 oz when i delivered at 33w5 days so you've got a Jacob's itty bitty compared to him. LOL!

hugs to Eliana!

April 28, 2008 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home