Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Made a trip to Labour and Delivery today...

I have been stuck with this nasty nausea and diarrhea for days now...I felt incredibly awful at school all morning and when I went to the bathroom just before lunch, I had some more explosive diarrhea...accompanied with what seemed a huge gush of something. I was a little worried since I had peed like only maybe 30 minutes before and most of the time I pee these days, it is annoying to feel like you have to pee so much and only a trickle comes out. I went to lunch, bought my lunch and just sat and stared at it. I couldnt bring myself to eat it, I felt so nauseous and dazed and confused (likely my blood sugar was way too low), and concerned that perhaps my water had broken and that I hadn't switched from Lovenox to Heparin yet, etc..Eventually, a coworker (who had preterm labour with her twins) convinced me it would be better to be safe than sorry, and I left school and went to L&D. They tested for amniotic fluid, and it was negative...so I guess I just peed. They kept me for about 3.5 hours hooked up to the baby monitors because Jacob was not behaving with the impromptu NST. There weren't many decels (I think maybe one), but he wasn't being "reactive". Eventually, they let me go but reminded me to keep all appointments.

I have taken Wednesday off of school, but think I will try and go in Thursday for sure since I can't get my long term sub that day (she has a prior subbing committment). I haven't made a decision on Friday yet which was to be my last day anyway...

This nausea is really getting to me...I can handle the diarrhea though I do think I am getting dehydrated as I just cant seem to keep my mouth wet..but it's the nausea that is really getting to me. It all started Friday night, so it has been quite a while now. I got a prescription from the OB Monday night for it, but it made it worse and I actually threw up in bed..ugh. I know that I don't have much right to complain since I avoided the morning sickness at the beginning of both of my pregnancies, but I don't know how to live with this...accompanied by an insane amount of gigantic burps...Don't I just sound so lady-like right now??

And since I am grumbling about everything, let me also add that I have a lovely cold...so my chest muscles are so sore from blowing my nose...I can just imagine how sore I would be if I went into labour anytime soon...

If you made it this far, thanks for listening. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

UGH :( How unfun that sounds :( I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. I can't believe your second little person is going to be here soon!

April 30, 2008 8:42 AM  
Blogger C said...

K,
Thinking positive thoughts for you. Wishing you the best. I am praying for a quick, safe delivery for you.:)

May 03, 2008 7:14 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I hope your feeling better! Hopefully by now little Jacob has arrived!

May 07, 2008 4:14 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hey how are you doing???? Has Jacob made his appearance yet???

May 09, 2008 9:13 AM  
Blogger Jann said...

I am so thinking of you Kat, incredible happy for you to be so close to the end of the pregnancy...soon, Jacob will be at home with you.

May 09, 2008 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home