Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, January 21, 2006

The crib is in!

So, as I said in my post a couple hours ago, I went to Babies R Us this afternoon to once again try and order the crib. As I walked over to the furniture desk, the girl who has helped me all three previous times says "are you to here pick up your crib?". I looked at her like she was from Mars and told her, no, I am here to try and order it for the fouth time...

Apparently, as soon as I left on Wednesday (or was it Tuesday?), the crib arrived in the store. One crib, just for me, because the very first time she had put in a rain check so I guess that is kinda like ordering it? I don't know. In any case, they called me apparently, and even more oddly, I called them back LOL...odd, because I never received a phone call, and even stranger because the phone number was totally wrong but the phone number on the dresser (ordered the same day I first tried to order the crib and got the rain check) was correct...When I called (but it wasn't me), I said that they had the wrong number but no problem because they had told me, but they didn't...

What a long story. LOL. In any case, the crib is in and I have emailed my awesome uncle and asked for yet another favour to help me pick up all the furniture that is currently sitting at my local BRU with tags on it with three different dates of arrivals saying "delayed pickup" and my name. Perfect timing for furniture to arrive now that the carpets are cleaned and pretty...

On a totally unrelated note, I am exhausted. I am really starting to lose energy these days. Yesterday, I had a visit from a friend, her husband and two kids. We had a wonderful time. She brought me my peanut butter and I was happy as a clam! She also brought some bags of baby girl clothes, awesome! After visiting a bit at home while the kids played, I mentioned there was a party store having a sale because she wanted some party supplies...we decided to go there and then hit Chuck E Cheese since it was nearby. I can so see myself taking my little one(s) there...LOL. It was fun to watch the people and the kids and I think her kids had a great time. In any case, they left at like 8:45, I sat on the couch for about 45 minutes with my legs up ebcause they were REALLY swollen, and then went to bed....and slept, and slept, and slept..until after 8:00 am. Of course, I got up to pee numerous times, but I slept for about 11 hours! And I am still tired! good grief, where is this second wind you are supposed to get, with the nesting feeling that makes you clean, I need it now! LOL

3 Comments:

Blogger Care said...

The second wind? I think that comes when they move out. At age 30. Or somewhere around there. LOL Hope you share pics when you get your furniture all in place.

January 21, 2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

OK...the 30 thing is scaring me;) LOL. I will definitely get some pictures up...possibly very soon as the furniture is coming tomorrow! :)

January 21, 2006 8:08 PM  
Blogger Chastity said...

I can't wait to see pics of the nursery...if you post them that is.

January 22, 2006 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home