Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Looking good!

So, I had my monthly growth check ultrasound and appointment with the perinatologist today. Baby is looking good. Her head, arms and legs are all slightly bigger than my date (I am 31w6d and those were measuring in the 33weeks..), her belly is a couple days behind (oh wouldn't it be lovely if my child did not inherit my short and round genes LOL and was instead tall and lean!), and her weight is estimated at 4 pounds 8 ounces right now, about the 69th percentile. She is finally heads down...her head sitting right on top of my cervix which explains the uncomfortableness at times...And for the very first time, the sonographer said "definitely a girl" and showed me a very clear picture. No more worries from me that I will find out otherwise in a couple weeks! LOL

The perinatologist thinks that there could be some changes in the near future in my meds. He would like to see me stopping the Metformin and glyburide and moving to insulin four times a day. He said he would write a letter to my OB about that and that hopefully the OB will make that change on Monday (I am pretty ambivalent about it...would probably prefer the pills because we are talking about adding 3 more needles a day...currently I take two, but I would need two different needles with breakfast, one with lunch, one with dinner and one before bed). He also thinks that the hypertension clinic may change my blood pressure meds when I go in next week. My blood pressure was still up, though the lower number was quite low for me. My blood pressure was 142/66. The nurse thought it was a bit strange so she even did it twice...He is also keeping an eye on the swelling in my legs and his first comment when I told him I was swelling was, "Are you still teaching?" I told him yes and that I hoped to continue to teach until March 1st. Thankfully he didn't say I couldn't but urged me to put up my legs at least during lunch.

In all, things are looking good. He told me that he was very happy with the baby's measurements. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Care said...

Yeah for a good appointment! (And a bigger yeah to know she is definately a girl.) I hope you don't have to switch to insulin 4 times a day - that's a lot of shots.

January 19, 2006 9:53 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Glad your little one is growing so well!

January 20, 2006 10:46 AM  
Blogger Deb2You2 said...

Wahoo! Sounds like a great appointement. Glad it went so well.

January 20, 2006 2:06 PM  
Blogger Jann said...

Congrats on the excellent appointment! Those always make your day! :-)

January 20, 2006 7:30 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

YAY :) It sounds like everything is going so well for you and your little one :)

January 20, 2006 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home