Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, January 13, 2006

Childcare

Months and months ago, I tried to get in with this one child care provider that comes highly recommended...no can do since one of her current parents is pregnant with another child which will take up the infant spot she has coming open...I was very very disappointed, but at least I know how this person is now and I like her so I guess I can't be too mad;)

Then, I got some names to call from said provider but had no luck at all finding an opening. Well, that is not entirely true, there was one woman who was quite sure to have an opening but I wasn't completely thrilled with her...mostly what I didn't like I think was that there seemed to be no budging and no compromise on summers (as a teacher I won't need child care during the summer).

I took a break. A very long break. LOL.

In December, aroudn the time I realized I really had to hire my doula (who I am meeting with tomorrow to write my birth plan and to practice labour positions), I contacted this place called Child Care resource referral or something or other, and got a list of names within a 2 mile radius of my house and of my work. I didn't do anything with it for a while, but finally decided it was time. I called the first lady on the list tonight and lo and behold, she has an infant spot! She doesn't charge for summers because she can get school age kids to take my child's place in the summer! So far, I am quite happy. She charges a bit more than I had hoped..20-30/week more than other places I have researched (online or when I made my calls back in October), but I think that not paying for summers (possibly even other breaks like spring break too if she can find an older kid needing my spot) will make up that. I have made an appointment to visit the place on Monday.

Anyway, since I was impressed, I hemmed and hawed over calling more places on the lists, including two actual day care centres as opposed to home day cares like this one, but I didn't. Hopefully this place is the answer!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

This is a subject that I will also be blogging about soon. I'm also a teacher, and there's been a trend in my area of starting up small daycare facilities within schools for the teachers in and around that school. It's awesome; I've just got to get really proactive about getting it started before the 06-07 school year. Good luck with your daycare situation.

January 14, 2006 6:55 AM  
Blogger tammy said...

i hope this one works out but go ahead and make some more calls so you have a backup plan lined up if you need it.

January 15, 2006 5:23 PM  
Blogger One Boys Mom said...

Hi, I just discovered your blog. Congrats! I know the whole daycare issue is stressful. Do you teach in public schools?

January 18, 2006 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home