Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Good appointments

So, yesterday, I met with the doula. I wasn't sure what to expect or what to ask her or whatever, but I ended up really enjoying her visit. I think we spoke for about an hour and a half or so, maybe even two hours. I ended up hiring her and I will see her in about a month. She also offered to attend childbirth classes with me which was a nice surprise. I am probably going to take her up on that offer, at least for a couple of the classes.

Today, I had an appointment with the OB. I was very shocked at how low my blood pressure was and I still think she made a mistake...it was 106/58, very low for me. The nurse and the doctor were both happy with it though so I guess that is all that matters. The heart rate was 133 which I thought seemed slow, but he was happy with that too. He also mentioned that my uterus was a good size, 4 finger widths above my belly button. I will have to check the pregnancy books and see if that is really what it should be...I was happy to be told it was good, just want to verify "normal". I have also gained 4 pounds, puts me up a total of 5 pounds this pregnancy which is on the low side if you are of average weight, but I am far from that so it, too, seems to be good. The only thing he was concerned about were now my after breakfast lunch numbers and so he has added 10 units of insulin with breakfast now as well as with lunch. That is 10 units of insulin (fast acting) on top of the already 1000mgs Metformin and 1.25mgs glyburide I take in the morning...I tell you, I feel like a walking pharmacy some days. In all, things seemed to be going swimmingly. Good enough that I still don't have to go back for another 4 weeks...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

YAY :) I'm so glad to hear that all is well. I called NW Cryobank today to find out if my "favorites" were available and one of them is :) I'm going to be putting some on hold for me so that they are ready in March. I can't even believe that I'm actually ready to do this :) I'm so very excited :) We get the "long profiles" in the next few days then I can really go over all of them in detail.

December 14, 2005 10:42 PM  
Blogger Elowyn said...

Good deal! Glad to hear everything went well, and yep, 4 fingers-width is about right (should be about 1 cm per gestational week if you're measuring from pubic bone to fundus, or gest.wk. minus 20 if measuring from navel.) Glad little one's happy in there! :D

December 15, 2005 7:35 AM  
Blogger Calliope said...

woo hoo!
So glad you hat a good appt & that you found your doula. How wonderful that she offered to go to classes with you!
xo

December 16, 2005 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home