Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The other home day care

Well, I visited the other home day care this afternoon, the one that is 200 less a month than the first.

Things I liked:
- it was clean
- there are only 4 kids
- it is cheap (hey, that does have to factor in to some extent)

Things I didn't like:
- there doesn't seem to be any "curriculum", it is more like having a babysitter
- not as organized/informative as others (for example, I would not receive a menu so that I could supplement if I didn't want my child eating something...like a possible allergen or something)
- no budging on summer payments

So, I don't know what to do still. I am leaning towards using this lady for the first year. Not having a curriculum will be fine for an infant, but after that I will probably move on. Plus, I would probably use her until June, cancel for the summer and then reevaluate and find somewhere with a bit more of academic substance...Anyway, those are my thoughts right now. But I have not made any firm decisions...Still open to advice :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jann said...

I agree that for the first year, this could be a good alternative. In the summer, you could look for an alternative that offers more stimulation for your child.

It is such a hard decision to make...to trust someone else for the care and well-being of your child. Arghhh! I don't look forward to it!

January 17, 2006 10:14 PM  
Blogger Chastity said...

This home daycare does sound pretty good for the first year. I don't blame you for wanting some structure and curriculum, but you were right in saying that for the first year it won't matter so much.

January 19, 2006 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home