Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Preparations...

I have been trying to get ready for this little girl to make her grand appearance in the next 8 weeks (or less!). I just can not believe how fast time is flying...have you looked at the counter lately???? 55 days it says...and of course it could always be sooner (or later..but I really have the impression the doctors won't allow me to go late).

Today, I had the carpets cleaned in the nursery..they look so much better. The previous owners had left quite a few stains (noticeable stains) on the rug and all but on came out with the cleaning today. The room was painted before Christmas holidays and things have really been piling up in the closet...not just clothes, though those are piling up too, but also toys, bottles, towels, breast pump, cosleeper thingy, and so much more.

At the beginning of my pregnancy I was sure I would have to buy so much stuff, but people have been so generous with giving me things they no longer need or just had too much of...people I know well like a former college roommate of mine, people I know pretty well but have never met! (thanks Debbie!!) and people I barely know like a woman from church who is giving me a cradle.

I have ordered my dresser a couple weeks ago. I got a combo dresser in the end, I found one that didn't have the stupid weird double drawer that most of them had...I also purchased a glider on clearance at the same time. I am still waiting to order my crib (going to head into BRU again today to see if I can order it yet), but my other things are in so I may have to give in and ask my uncle very kindly to make two trips for me..to pick up the stuff there now and then back again when the crib arrives. If I can't order my crib this weekend, I am considering waiting until my mom comes on the 2nd as I am sure she would enjoy crib shopping with me...I am definitely looking forward to having the dresser so I can start sorting through the clothes by ages/sizes, wash them and start putting them away.

Yep, things are well underway and as the carpet cleaning guy said on his way out today, "have fun with the rest of your preparations, they last for the next 18 years or so!". :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home