Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Summer is fast coming to an end...

Yes, once again, my summer is coming to an end much quicker than my summer to do list is being completed. LOL. I suspect that will get worse every summer from now on with someone else vying for my attention during the summer days. :)

A couple weeks ago, I received a phone call from the principal of my school telling me that I was probably moving my classroom. He prefaced this with "good news, bad news", but really it is about 95% good news. I will be moving to a room with windows! LOL. Even better, I will be next to the other Spanish teacher, which come on, just MAKES SENSE. Especially since we share a lot of resources.

Last Friday, on the way home from the ultrasound, I stopped at the school to confirm the move. yes, I am moving to that room, but the person moving out of my new room is very reluctant to leave. They have no idea when he will pack his things up. Add to this that the person moving into my old room is very eager to move...and I am stuck in the middle. I had told this person I would pack things up this week, but then I got an email from our new Spanish teacher who wanted to meet to talk about planning. He is a brand spanking new teacher and seems quite nervous about planning. So, really, I need access to all of my things for our meeting tomorrow. Oh, how fun.

For those of you who have asked, school for teachers starts Aug 30th and the students come after Labour day. My greatest fear is that the teacher whose room I am moving into won't come move out of his room until then....that will really freak me out as all of my time will be devoted to moving and unpacking rather than planning and photocopying...

2 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

I'm with you on the panicing about rooms. I'm not moving rooms but my room was supposed to be "flipped" this summer - so that the front will be the back and the back will be the front. What it requires is two bulliten boards to be switched with two chalk boards. For some reason the room was set up backwards years ago and it drives me crazy. I'm supposed to get a SMART board in my room this year so figured that they might as well install everything the right way. My SMART board is still not here. I also teach computers and we are supposed to get 30 new computers in our lab... nothing! We start back on the 29th with the kids coming on the 31st and I'm starting to stress about these things getting done. I've done a good chunk of my photocopying so at least that is out of the way but I want to get my room set up and now!

Are you in contact with the teacher who isn't moving out of your room? How frustrating to have to work on his timeline.

August 10, 2005 10:09 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

That's cool you get a smart board IN YOUR ROOM! wow. :) I hope that they move your room around soon. I can't do too much of my photocopying for another week or so as the other Spanish teacher (the other full time one, not the new .4 one) has it on her computer cause we use one syllabus for all 1st and 2nd year classes. We need to finish updating it and print off a copy so I can make the hundreds of copies of the 6 page syllabus!...(150 for me, 100 for her and about 60 for the other teacher...and that doesn't include extras for when kids lose them!!!)

I am not in contact with the teacher moving out..I know he is not happy about it. They asked him if he would move last year and he said no, this year they didn't give him a choice...But I was at the school today meeting with the new SPanish teacher and spoke with the head custodian and they will be finished cleaning out my new room by Monday so I can move things in. My kids are getting all new desks so it will be empty except for the other guys desk and books on the shelves.

August 10, 2005 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home