Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Words

You may recall that I was quite concerned about Eliana's speech development. I have discovered that she really doesn't seem to have too much of a speech problem, she just learns her words differently than other children. Most children copy what their parents say. Imitation, according to the "books", is a vital step in learning speech. My daughter, on the other hand, doesn't think so. All of a sudden, she will have a new word creep up into her vocabulary, with no practice imitation that i ever saw.

Here is a current list of words:
mama
baby
Anna
apple (says it clear as day...means juice)
do (door)
nana (banana)
ba (bath)
da pa (diaper)
mow (meow)
nay (neigh)
ba (ball...definitely a different sound than bath)
no (she is getting good at doing things she shouldn't, and then saying no...very cute)
ca (cat)
mo (more)
Elmo

Signs Eliana uses:
ball
milk
eat
book/read
table
cat (her own version..and I haven't seen it lately, it may have been replaced with the word)
dog
cookie
more

1 Comments:

Blogger Jann said...

I don't think she's got any issue with language! She's out-speaking Emmy for sure!

June 11, 2007 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home