Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, May 04, 2007

Illnesses

What a week! On Sunday, Eliana started a fever. Monday I took her to day care and asked the sitter to take her into the doctor as I was sure she had an ear infection. When I called to check on her a couple hours later, Ellie had vomited and I went to pick her up and take her to the doctor myself. No ear infection, no throat infection, probably viral.

I stayed home with her on Tuesday because the doctor said she would be contagious for 24 hours after the fever went away. Wednesday I went back to work and she was fine.

Thursday, I get a call from the sitter that she has a fever again and woke up drenched in sweat. I pick her up. Today I stay home with her again as she once again has a fever and I make another appointment to see the doctor. Still no ear infection, no problems in the mouth, chest is clear. Diagnosis: fever of unknown origin. Plan: urine sample, blood tests and x-ray.

Torture. Sheer utter torture. The urine sample was the worst thing I have ever imagined or seen. I have heard of bags that they put on babies, but for some unknown reason, this doctor went with a catheter. It was horrific. Ellie was hysterical, and then I had to take her for blood tests and x-ray on top of that!

The urine sample came back abnormal and the doctor suspects a UTI but can't confirm until the urine culture comes back, probably in two days. In the meantime, we were finally given antibiotics.

My poor baby. :(

We also had other disturbing health news this week. My dad, diabetic, has had an infected foot for months. He didn't have it looked at for way too long and now it is so infected that he is on IV antibiotics (3 of them!), has a special cast he must wear at all times, can not drive or walk too long (ie: no golf), has to have a surgery next week to try and fix the blood flow is in leg, and if none of that works, there is a possibility of him losing his foot...very scary. Please keep him in your prayers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jann said...

I hope that Eliana feels better soon! That's just nasty :-( Poor kiddo!

Your Dad will be in my prayers...I hope the antibiotics work wonders!

May 06, 2007 2:31 PM  
Blogger Deb2You2 said...

Just wanted to let you know I got your comment the other day. I meant to reply sooner, but can't seem to find your email so figured I would just post here. Sorry Eliana has been under the weather and about your dad. I'm not sure why Dr. Q didn't prescribe metformin, but what he did give me isn't covered by insurance so I am going to research/ask when I get time. I decided not to take it while in the 2ww since it is catagory C. I don't comment much anyplace these days, but still do check in on you every now and again. I felt your sadness in teh weaning. I so remember how hard it was with Max. It is still one of our most tramatic moments at least in my mind. He seams to have moved past it. Anyway, just wanted to get back to you. Hope things are improving with the antibotics. Deb

May 07, 2007 4:41 PM  
Blogger Demeter said...

I am sorry about Eliana, when our litle ones are not ok, our hearts suffer. I hope your dad recovers with antibiotics.

May 24, 2007 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home