Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Thoughts from my head...

This week we were finishing up state testing which meant that I had more planning periods than usual. I took advantage of that one day and popped over to treat myself to a latte at Starbucks. As I was there, I was just watching all these people who apparently don't have jobs (or young kids!) and wondedered..who are these people? How can they spend their day going to the mall, to the coffee shop, to the movies, etc during the daytime?

This also got me remembering being on maternity leave last year and the freedom to head out during the day to run errands, go to the mommy movies, attend mom and me classes, etc. Oh, I really wish I could be a stay at home mom.

This then brought me to wishing I could find that husband who would make it possible for me to be a stay at home mom...and so that vicious seed of sadness of being single was once again planted in my brain.

I have also been obsessed with trying for my second child this week. I am sure it was spurred on by two ill-fated pregnancies (my babysitter and my friend). I made an appointment with the fertility clinic for May 8th to have my consultation so that when I am ready I can hopefully just begin. I still have not had my period (almost two years now what with pregnancy and breastfeeding!). It just dawned on me last night that maybe the domperidone was to blame. I continue to breastfeed at night, but I think I may be ready to stop the domperidone and let things take their course. I will absolutely miss breastfeeding if that brings an end to it, but I can feel good that I made it 13.5 months...

Eliana continues to practice her walking...I just love watching her excitement when she walks to and subsequently always falls into me. :) She is just such a joy in my life, I couldn't imagine life without her...I am so glad that I went down this difficult path, and know that I am meant to have more than one child.

Just some random thoughts from my head as Eliana naps this morning...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Katrina,
You know what you can and cannot handle. If you have a plan and can afford paying the babysitter for two little blessings then I will be praying for you! You can do anything you set your mind to do. I know that you made your decission knowing that it would not be easy. And if being Ellie's mom has made you a better person and you are confident that you are ready to add a sibling for her i've got your back 100%.

You will always have a friend in me!
Praying for you daily,
Gidgit

April 23, 2007 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home