Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Officially weaned

I stopped the domperidone last week. Took one pill Monday and one Tuesday and then no more. Wednesday, Eliana refused to nurse and has refused ever since...

So sad, I had no idea it would go so quickly!

Then she was sick Sunday-Tuesday (today) and was refusing to drink milk or eat, and I couldn't help but blame myself because in the past when sick, she would always nurse...

Oh well. Now I am just waiting for my period so I can start working on #2...(I have been wavering a lot on that too...like should I wait one more year...especially since they passed a family leave act here that wouldn't be implemented until 2009?)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimmyann said...

Long time reader here..Personally I wouldn't wait simply because you don't know how long it will take you to make #2. My little one is only 7 weeks right now and I have already made up my mind that when he hits 1yr I am going to apply to adopt #2.

May 02, 2007 6:54 AM  
Blogger Jann said...

Good luck on #2 Katrina! Whatever you choose, if you decide from your heart, it will be right for you.

May 02, 2007 2:35 PM  
Blogger Chastity said...

I am on the other side of the weaning issue...my daughter will not let me wean her, and I am trying HARD!

As for baby #2, like others have said, you will know what is right for you. My baby girl was one on March 28, and we'll probably start the IVF process again this summer sometime. If we knew for sure how long it will take and that we will be successful, we would probably wait a little longer, but when you aren't doing things the old fashioned way it gets a little tricky.

May 08, 2007 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home