Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Monday, January 23, 2006

OB visit, and my prediction

I had my OB appointment this afternoon...you know, the one where we switched to all insulin. He was not convinced that that was the best thing to do, but decided to try it since it was suggested by the perinatologist. My weight is up, not a whole lot in total, but quite a bit in a couple weeks, he thinks it is due to my water retention, which I would agree since my legs are really starting to swell these days. For those who are curious, my total weight gain right now is 10 pounds. My blood pressure is still up higher than I am used to, it was 138/74. The OB thinks the hypertension clinic will increase my meds, again, I concur. My weekly nonstress tests that are to start this week have been increased to twice a week...

As you can see, there was very little "good news" at this appointment. The baby's heartrate was good though at 142 bpm.

Now, I promised a prediction in my title. Unfortunately, it is not a good prediction. The last piece of information I got at the OB visit was that my 24 hour urine collection resulted in 253 mg protein. The "normal range" is 0-150. While the OB told me it was "still low", I was not able to see the results at that time and just believed him. But then he gave me the printout so that I could take it to the hypertension clinic (and he wrote on there my blood pressure from today as well as the dosage on the long acting insulin I am adding with breakfast and at night time). On the sheet, it shows the "normal range". What was he thinking??? How is that "still low"??? I googled and found that 0-150 is indeed the normal range...and then I googled preeclampsia...300 and up is considered mild preeclampsia.

Therefore, with my blood pressure rising, my legs swelling, and the protein in my urine increasing, my sad prediction is that I suspect I will be put on bedrest sometime in February....let's keep praying that I am wrong.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

My fingers are crossed for you sweetie :) I hope it all turns out okay :) *HUGS*

January 23, 2006 8:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We will be praying here in Tulsa! I have kept you in my prayers since you told me you were pregnant! I am so excited for you and I can't wait to see that little one!

My prayers are with you Katrina and that beautiful baby girl you are going to give birth to in MARCH! Keep allowing God to relieve your stress! It will be okay!

Love,
Gidgit

January 23, 2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger Clara said...

Hi, Katrina. I certainly hope your prediction is wrong...but it can't hurt to be careful. It looks like your body has ideas of its own. I'm glad you have a peri working with you!

-Susan

January 23, 2006 9:51 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I hope that doesn't happen but I do hope that all is well and that you and the baby are safe.
By the way, does baby K have a name?

January 24, 2006 3:13 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks everyone. I am trying to relax and just not think about it...we will see what the hypertension clinic says on Thursday...

Oh, and I can not believe I haven't shared her name here. Her name is Eliana, means "God has answered". :) Her nickname will be Ellie. :)

January 24, 2006 8:18 PM  
Blogger Jann said...

I LOVE the name, and the meaning behind it!

Positive vibes your way that you can avoid bedrest and the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!

Take it easy and try to rest when you can!

January 24, 2006 11:21 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

What a beautiful name!!!!! did you pick out a boys name just in case?

Hope all is well and I'm thinking and praying for you :)

January 25, 2006 5:46 AM  
Blogger Calliope said...

thinking good thoughts for thursday!

January 25, 2006 2:46 PM  
Blogger Care said...

Katrina,hope todays appt at the hypertension clinic goes well, and that you can avoid bedrest for a while longer.

January 26, 2006 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home