Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A little late, but I have a 2 year old!

I can't believe that Eliana is already two! Well, sometimes, I can with her attitude/behaviour LOL.

We had a nice small birthday party on Saturday with 3 toddler friends and their moms. I was really worried about having them all over as Eliana has been HORRIBLE at sharing her toys lately, but she actually did really well until near the end. We played with toys to begin with, then opened presents, had cake (I made an ELMO cake which they all loved), and did some crafty things. The first craft didnt work out too well, it was too hard for the kids as we had to use glue to stick these pieces of foam together, but it was all too slippery. The second one, however, went over fabulously. I picked up a bucket of Easter foam stickers from Joanns (they were 40 or 50 per cent off, so it was only like 4.50 or something for hundreds of stickers) and put out the stickers, some crayons, some pompoms and some construction paper and the kids (and moms!) went to town! It was fun to watch their creations. Anna, the babysitter's daughter, went crazy with the stickers as she was the only one who could get the backing off consistently by herself..she must have had like 40 or 50 stickers piled on her paper. Eliana on the other hand, had a different vision and took a pompom and glued it to the paper and then proceeded to stick stickers on top of the pompom..about 10 of them LOL.

On Sunday, my aunt and uncle came by for cake and to bring Eliana a gift of a little tent/teepee. She loves having her own little house to play in and keep her stuffed animals in.

Finally, Monday was her official birthday and we went in to the ped for her 2 year appointment. She is doing well with developmental milestones and her speech has more than caught up (she is ahead!). Sadly, her height has dropped pretty much right off the chart...she measured in at 2.25% (31 inches). Looks like she will be rear-facing in her car seat for probably at least another year (I have a convertible seat and she isnt supposed to turn until she reaches 34 inches). Her weight is average, well, slightly above at 55%, at 27 pounds, but of course that is not good with her being so short. She is already following in my footsteps and I feel so sorry for her.

Anyway, I haven't had a chance to download any of the pictures from her party yet, and havent even scheduled our appointment at Penney's for her 2 year pictures. I will try and add some/post some in the near future. Perhaps not until next week when ELiana is going out of town for a few days. (yes, you read that right...babysitter really wants to go out of town to see her grandma who is really sick but didnt want to leave me in a lurch for childcare so offered to take Eliana with her. At first, I felt awkward about it, but then it didn't make a lot of sense to me to feel weird about it. I wouldn't feel weird if my mom wanted to take Eliana for a day or two to give me some time to get stuff done, and Eliana only sees her like 2-3 times a year! She sees the babysitter every weekday and asks to go there even on the weekends!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jann said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Welcome to the world of the 2 year old (Emmy turned 2 on Feb 20)

The crafts sound fun! So ambitious and damn, you are pregnant! I didn't have the energy to do any of that, and I am not pregnant!

Don't worry too much about the height/weight stuff...so much changes in these early years. I am one to talk as I have my own insecurities/issues to deal with and I find myself worried about Em's weight as I don't want her to have a childhood like mine was.

March 09, 2008 12:09 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Happy Belated Birthday Eliana!! Sounds like you all had a Great day!!!

Hope you are feeling good!!

March 09, 2008 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home