Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Some thoughts

Just a bunch of thoughts while Eliana takes another nap.

First, I love listening to her babble in her crib. This morning she woke up from her nap and just kept saying "uh oooohhhh, uh ooooohhhhh" Man...that is just the cutest sound in the world. :)

Second, I hate seeing her sick. She really got it bad this week and yesterday slept probably close to 20 hours! She was just so sick, it breaks your heart.

I am very excited to say that we have almost made it to one whole year at breastfeeding. These days she is probably on half formula, half breastmilk, but I truly believe some is better than none. I have also decided to let her self-wean from these last nursing sessions (morning and evening with the occasional afternoon, especially on weekends). Of course, since she bit me for the first time last night...TWICE, I may rethink that...LOL.

Due to possible continued breastfeeding, I may not start T42 this summer as I had planned. I have yet to get my cycles back and suspect I won't until I have completely stopped breastfeeding for a while...I may even need to do a round of Provera to kickstart it all again. I am not too sad about holding off. While I thought 2 years was a good age difference, I look at Eliana and just keep thinking that she is still my baby and I am not ready for her not to be...Of course, I will keep my options open and may change my mind at will. :)

I really enjoy the stage that she is in now. She is starting to really interact with you. She started signing more, even putting more and milk together, this weekend. It is so wonderful to know what she wants! LOL. She loves to practice walking with you holding her hands. She is starting to throw a ball at you to play "ball". It is just so fun! I love being a mom!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristi-Anna said...

Glad to hear things are going so well with the nursing, and in general with Eliana :)

I do keep up with your blog... hope you have time to update more often ;)

How are things going with your 'date guy'??

February 18, 2007 5:14 PM  
Blogger S&C said...

She sounds just wonderful :-)
Glad the nursing is going well!

February 19, 2007 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home