Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Quick Update

I got better, then sick again, and now Eliana has an ear infection. :( She was sleeping horribly, I mean, basically, not sleeping past 1am, but it took me three days of my sleep deprived stupor to think to check her temperature. She had a fever and we went to the clinic last night. It was so close to closing time that they didn't have time to do a urine sample to check if she had a urinary tract infection as the doctor suspected. He said give tylenol and if still has a fever over 101 in the morning to come back. In the morning it was 100.9 and I decided that was close enough, so I took her back in. This morning the doctor could tell she had an ear infection...whether that means the doctor the night before was incompetent or the ear infection just now arrived, I have no idea. In any case, we are going on the assumption that the ear infection was the problem and she is on Amoxicilin for the next 10 days. Hope she is feeling better soon!

In other news, I went on a babywearing frenzy and purchased a hotsling, a ring sling and a mei tai. Received the first two, hated the hotsling (will be reselling it on ebay some day soon), but love love LOVE the ring sling. If you are looking for one, I highly recommend this lady, and they are even a great price! Let me know and I can direct you over there. The mei tai has not arrived yet, should next week sometime.

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian readers! I will be making a turkey tomorrow for myself and a friend. Yes, it is a day early, but I have to work on Monday. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

aww, im sorry to hear your little one is sick :( if it makes any difference, i had chronic ear infections from just about birth till i was 5 and had tubes put in my ears - and i turned out fine :)

also, i got a BFP this weekend!! so i would love to have more info about this ring sling you love - and i look forward to your review of the last one you got. i love the idea of a sling, but they dont look too comfortable.

thanks in advance!

October 10, 2006 1:08 PM  
Blogger Kodyann said...

You'll love the Mei Tei! I have a home-made Moby wrap and it's phenomenal! Makes baby-wearing SO comfortable!

October 10, 2006 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home