Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Monday, September 04, 2006

Half a year!

Well, last night at 10:24pm is really the official time, but my baby is a half year old! I can't believe how fast the time went. I love being a mother, and if possible, love it more and more every day!

I am also so excited to say that I made it 6 months breastfeeding! Not absolutely exclusive, but since I started the domperidone, it has been pretty close. At most, I have given her 4 ounces supplement a day. I love nursing and she does too, so I hope that we can make it to my next milestone: 9 months. Actually, I really want to go for one year, but I worry that if we go a year, it will be harder to wean her and since I want to try for two next summer, she must be weaned and I must get AF by, say, May.

4 Comments:

Blogger Care said...

Wow Katrina - I can hardly believe it has been six months already. I love the new pictures of her - she is just adorable. And WTG on making your 6 mo goal for breastfeeding. Hope the start of the school year is going well, and that the mornings for Eliana at daycare start going smoother soon.

September 05, 2006 6:11 PM  
Blogger Jann said...

6 months goes by quickly, hey? I am just stunned myself.

She's so beautiful Katrina!

I was confused by your "wanting to go for two" by next summer? Are you going to go for twin siblings for her? How EXCITING if you are!!!!

Congratulations with the breastfeeding. I am so proud of you! I know you perservered through some tough days and nights with it.

September 09, 2006 11:20 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Tempangel - t42 (try for two) means just to conceive the second child. :) Not really hoping for twins, but it wouldn't be the end of the world! :)

Care - it has gone so fast..it seems like just yesterday she was this tiny tiny baby, and now she is sitting!

Breastfeeding update - As I feared, my supply has dwindled terribly just in this first week back at school...I will keep trying but if it keeps going downhill I may give up pumping (which will very possibly just mean the end of my supply all together...sigh). Today I have not been able to pump more than 1/2 an ounce at any of my pumping sessions.

September 09, 2006 1:32 PM  
Blogger Kodyann said...

Hi there!
I've been watching your blog (I came across you on FF way before E was born!) and wanted to say that your pumping supply will pick up - it's normal to get only a tiny bit at first - and if you need to, take some fenugreek?

:)
-Kody

September 10, 2006 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home