Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Monday, July 10, 2006

4 Month Appointment

Today we had a busy morning. I had an eye appointment at 8:00, so I had to wake Eliana up before she was ready to get up. She did great while I dressed her, changed her diaper, and gave her 8 minutes to nurse before we had to leave. She also did quite well during my eye appointment but near the end, she was obviously hungry. Since I was trying to plan for decent supply after shots, I didn't nurse her then but rather gave her a bottle of formula. Then we checked in for her appointment which wasn't until 10:00 and hoped that they could take us in a little early. I went to the bathroom, and the toilet flushing threw her into hysterics. This was not a good start to our morning!

About 10 minutes later, she calmed down and we played and waited and played and waited, and finnally they took us in at 9:45. She weighs 12 pounds today (granted, she had just drank 4 ounces of formula and had a little nip at nursing just before being weighed..). She is 23.5 inches long. This puts her at the 12th percentile for weight, and 17 or 18 (can't remember) for height. The doctor was a little concerned that she had moved down the percentile chart so much in the last two months, but not overly.

We discussed her learning things, like rolling over, and forgetting them. He said if she isn't rolling over again in a month, to bring her back in and we would go to developmental physical therapy.

After our visit there, we went over for her immunizations. Just before they stuck her, she looked up at the nurse and smiled. We all felt so bad...She did great with the shots, but she is a little more cranky this afternoon than normal.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Eliana sounds like she was a real trooper. BTW, if it makes you feel better, Brendan didn't roll over for the first time until he was 7 months, and not the other way until 10 months. It was never a physical issue for him. He was crawling, pulling up and cruising at 10 months and then taking steps at 11 months.

July 11, 2006 5:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just want you to know I am keeping you in my prayers! Love seeing the pictures and when i get my internet back at home i'll be a more regular sight!

Love,
G

July 11, 2006 7:12 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, Laura. You know, what really concerns me is that she knew how for a month, and now can no longer do it. That seems strange to me. However, I know that Brendan is smart as a whip so I guess it really doesn't matter when she does these things, as long as she does them. :)

Gidgit, nice to hear from you, hope you are back online soon!:)

July 11, 2006 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home