Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Big week for Jacob!

I have been trying to find time to blog since getting back, but we have been so busy, and so has Jacob!

On Sunday last week, I sat Jacob down in Eliana's crib so that I could change her diaper, when I turned around, he had pulled himself up to standing. He was so proud of himself, smiling and laughing and then boom! Down he fell (in the crib...so no need to worry). He is sure strong!

On Tuesday, his first tooth finally cut through.

And on Thursday, he said mama for the first time. He has no idea what it means, but I suspect he will soon since I get so excited each time. :)

What a week for Jacob!!

On another note, my new sitter has informed me that she wants me there by 3:00 every day. This has caused great distress for me. First, I can not guarantee to be home from school every day at 3. Some days I have parent conferences, students getting help, papers to grade, meetings etc. (school gets out at 1:50, we aren't allowed to leave until 2:20 unless of some emergency, and it takes 20-30 minutes to get to the sitter's) Second, this really means I can't go to the doctor or the dentist or what have you...especially my doctor because she is in the city where I teach while the kids are in the city that I live in and it is virtually impossible to pick up the kids and run back to the city I teach in in time for an appointment. As for the dentist, how can I go to an appointment with a 2 year old and infant? Very stressed about this. And thirdly, I had been coming home for about 30 minutes before picking up kids, to get dishes in the dishwasher or laundry in the washer, or check email, or just plain have a 20 minute nap when needed....I am very stressed about this. I told her that 3 was just plain not feasible on a daily basis, but I would try for 3:30. In the meantime, I don't want to change sitters again as we have had so many changes for the kids this year, but I will definitely be looking for someone new for September....

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Yay for Jacob!
So sorry about the sitter problem. I am in a similar situation. I work 30 minutes from home, and leave work at 4:30. If I'm even 1 minute past 5:00 in picking up the kids, my cell is ringing. Since it's my stepmom watching them, I don't want to start family drama, so I just rush like crazy. I try to run as many errands as possible on my lunch hour, but sometimes it's just not possible.
Oh, this single mom stuff comes with a lot of extra challenges, doesn't it?
I hope you're able to compromise, it sucks to have to find new childcare.

January 11, 2009 2:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Way to go Jacob!!!!
If you have to come earlier, do you get to pay her less? That might motivate her to not be so restrictive.
I'm wondering how I'll handle it.

January 12, 2009 1:15 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Nope..she still wants the same pay. I am tyring to make it work until the new school year, but am also watchign craigslist for other possibilities...I just hate changing again.

January 12, 2009 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home