Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, November 14, 2008

6 months!

Can you believe it? Jacob is already 6 months (and one week!) old! It has just flown by.

He is such a happy baby. Loves to smile and laugh and is just so engaging. He had a very rough start, but you would never know it now! He is rolling both ways, can sit up assisted great, and unassisted for about 1 minute before doing a face plant. He babbles and drools like a maniac LOL. And he LOVES LOVES LOVES his food. Yep, that is right. We start solids around 5 months at the suggestion from the ped for his spitting up and enormous appetite, and he has not looked back. So far, Jacob has had (all homemade) butternut squash, carrots, green beans, peas, bananas, apples and pears as well as all the types of boxed baby cereals. He tolerates the green beans and craves the fruits.

We had hi 6 month appointment yesterday. I asked about his eating because Jacob cries when the food is finished and cries again when you give him a bottle. I know that milk (well, formula or breastmilk) is the most important thing still so I wanted to be sure he was OK. The ped said if he wants more food, give it to him. We already doing 2 cubes of baby food twice a day and we have been given the green light for three meals a day of how ever many cubes he wants. Just to be sure he gets a minimum of 24 oz a day of milk. Eliana never had more than 2 cubes so this is such new territory for me!

But, finally, the best news of all. Jacob is growing like crazy! At his 4 month appointment he was only the 4th percentile for height, this time at his 6 month appointment he has sprouted up to 30th! WTG, Jacob! As for weight, it has remained pretty much the same 18% at 4 months, 17% now.

I am so proud of my little guy. :)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger angryuterus said...

I used to make all my own baby food too. :D Its not hard, doesn't take much time, and is just plain cheaper.

November 14, 2008 5:08 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I wish I had the motivation to make my own baby food. Mr. Farty gets organic Gerber. He does get quite q bit of mashed up stuff from my plate though. He is like your little guy-just can't get enough! Not bad for a kid who couldn't eat for the first 2 weeks of his life!

November 14, 2008 5:27 PM  
Blogger 911shazza said...

So good to hear he's doing so well!! I think any kid that spends time in NICU is so much more resilient and strong. They are true fighters!!

November 14, 2008 7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it crazy how fast they grow? Bella will be 7 months on the 23rd!

Shan

November 14, 2008 7:41 PM  
Blogger Jann said...

Happy 6 month birthday!!!!

November 16, 2008 3:15 PM  
Blogger Kimmyann said...

Wow its hard to believe its been six months already! Glad to hear he is growing well.

November 16, 2008 4:20 PM  
Blogger Miss X said...

Can't wait to see new pics of Jacob. Funny the differences between boys and girls. I hear the first 6 months with 2 little ones are the most difficult.

November 16, 2008 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home