Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

That makes me so happy.

Eliana has been having a rough time with dropoffs at the sitter's lately. Ever since she was sick last Monday and I stayed home with her, she thinks it is an option to stay home every day. So, she cries and screams and throws a tantrum as I am dropping her off (I often get a similar tantrum when we go home in the afternoon because she doesn't want to LEAVE LOL). Anyway, yesterday was a pretty bad scene with her screaming and running after me, so as I left, the sitter picked her up and when she calmed down they talked about it.

Sitter: Where does mama go when she leaves here?
Eliana: Home to play.
Sitter: No, mama has to go to work to earn money for your toys, and your food and your clothes.

Eliana was satisfied with that and went on her day fairly happy. After school, I picked her up and this was our conversation on the way home, initiated completely by Eliana:

Eliana: you went to school to earn money?
Me: Yes, I work at school so that we can have a house, and food, and toys.
Eliana: Oh. That makes me sooo happy.

:)

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

that is just too cute for words....

October 22, 2008 4:00 PM  
Blogger Miss X said...

What a sweetie! And it sounds like you've found a great new siter.

October 22, 2008 6:12 PM  
Blogger 911shazza said...

That is so sweet!! Maybe I should have the same conversation with Sebastian because he still cries almost every time we drop him off!!

October 22, 2008 11:38 PM  
Blogger Jann said...

Emmy has been having issues with going to daycare too - throwing tantrums, etc, even though she loves her daycare. I think, for her, it's just another way to say "NO!" LOL

October 24, 2008 9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay. What a big girl you are becoming! I love this age when they begin to understand reason and apply to their own lives.

October 25, 2008 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home