Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Old Wounds

It is 4 am and I can't sleep I am so disturbed by old wounds. At work yesterday we got an email that a coworker would not be at school the first week due to minor surgery and that flowers were being sent and there was a card in the office. Fairly normal protocol at our school. This happens for births, deaths, injuries, etc....Except when Jacob was born.

Who cares right? It was 3.5 months ago, get over it.

But it really hurt me. My son was born and was in the hospital for 17 days, and apart from immediate family (my mom and dad and my "aunt" and "uncle"), and my then babysitter/good friend, it seemed like noone cared. It was a terribly difficult time for me...

Even my church didn't seem to care. Sure, the pastor came twice while I was in the hospital, but not once did he or anyone from the church check on Jacob while I came home and he stayed there...

Old friends were notified, by my parents or through my blog, and many of them did not respond. Heck, there are a few friends who have still never sent as much as a "congratulations!" in an email. As I have said before, I am in desperate need of new friends.

Honestly, I am hurt, and I am not sure when this wound is going to heal..

5 Comments:

Blogger wkmtca said...

sounds like everyone disappointed you at once. hope things get better for you soon.

August 28, 2008 7:41 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I am so sorry people can be so self centered. I think people are very selfish at times. Your babies are wonderful & that is all that counts really!!

August 29, 2008 7:36 PM  
Blogger Miss X said...

I would feel exactly the same way. I'm so sorry! We all need friends. If it helps, I check up on you almost daily. And I did pray for Jacob while he was in the hospital.

I'll be praying God brings the right friends into your life. I'm in a new state and still really missing my friends.

And thanks for visiting my blog. :)

August 29, 2008 8:36 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I felt the same way when I left my last job. The girl who left before me was given a huge going away party. I had worked there longer and I didn't even get a card. I understand what your feeling! Know that there are a ton of people all over the country who love you and your kids and they haven't even met you "in person"!

August 30, 2008 7:40 PM  
Blogger Jann said...

Oh how I wished I lived closer to you where I could give you a huge hug. I have often felt that way myself as some in my life disappear when I need help.

August 30, 2008 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home