Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Finally hired someone and other things...

Well, I hired someone who is willing to come to the house to watch the kids every morning. I am about 95% happy with her. I was very happy with her during her interview. After the interview, she offered to follow us to the mall to see how it was taking the kids out on an outing. It was then that I was no longer 100% happy with her as she texted who knows who quite a few times while we were at the mall...Hopefully she can keep the phone away except for nap times....But honestly, I had very few choices at this point. My only other option that day was a home day care we visited on Thursday where the TV was on all day and the kids were snacking on Fritos....

I am also trying hard to put myself in situations where I can meet people. I contacted a MOPS group that meets Friday evenings and hopefully will be able to join them. I also contacted the other church I go to (not the one we attend on a regular basis, but the other one that I attend their Singles group sometimes and that we have gone to for certain events...much larger church and Eliana LOVES the play area there as opposed to our little tiny church that doesn't offer any groups for me that arent in the daytime and Eliana is stuck in a very very tiny portable...). I am going to try and join one of their Young Families small groups. Both things don't start until September of course...I find it so annoying that everything stops when I am most available and most energetic (in the summer when I am not working full time!). Hopefully I can make some new friends...

Today, I took both kids to the sitters. Not our previous sitter who is moving as she is packing up, but our "backup" sitter. This backup sitter doesn't usually want Jacob as she doesn't want two babies and already looks after one, but he is gone this week so I took advantage of that. I have spent the last two hours trying to clean up Eliana's room to have it look good when the sitter starts next week. Hopefully with her help we can keep on top of it! I have also emailed the MOPS group and that other church. I heard back from the church and he is going to contact one of the small group leaders for me. I also called a different church about their Awana program to see if they will be having a 2 year old class this fall to enroll Eliana in. They aren't sure right now as it doesn't have a leader, so I need to call back first week of September to find out. I asked about helping out (not to be the leader but to help), but I am not allowed to since I don't attend that church...Oh well, i could use 2 hours I guess to spend with just Jacob. :)

Well, I should get back to work on the kids rooms, and other things off my long list for today. I rarely have this time kidfree and I am paying very much for it, so must take advantage of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home