Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Not so great ultrasound..

Baby measured fine, my cervix and ovaries were fine. I appear to have a retroverted uterus which I swear I didn't used to (I even thought someone had said it tilted forward...). There is also only one baby which is best (although I would be pretty thrilled with twins too).

BUT, the heartbeat was slow. 84bpm. The sonographer took it three times: 91, 79 and 84. Definitely slow for 6w2d (she agreed with my due date based on ovulation over the nurse's due date based on LMP).

I have researched a bit and it doesn't sound good. 60% chance of demise if the heartbeat goes up to normal by 8 weeks. Pretty much 100% chance if it doesn't...I asked around on one of my SMC boards, and everyone who has had experience with this has lost the baby...

So, I am going to beg for a repeat ultrasound. I have been home sick with laryngitis ALL WEEK but I think I will get my babysitter to call my OB tomorrow and beg for a repeat or maybe even have her call the fertility clinic and see if they would do a repeat on Friday (why wouldnt they? I have to pay for those ones...).

Anyways, any and all prayers for little bean #2 are greatly appreciated.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Thinking of you and wishing you all the best. I have fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you.

October 04, 2007 2:40 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Sending out "speed up" thoughts and good thoughts to you and the bean. Hang in there!

October 04, 2007 4:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mainly a lurker on here... but just wanted to pop up and tell you that I am thinking of you.

October 04, 2007 6:47 AM  
Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

I'm sending good thoughts and I hope the next ultrasound reveals a strong heartbeat.

October 04, 2007 11:33 AM  
Blogger battynurse said...

Sending many positive thoughts that another ultrasound will show a nice strong heartbeat.

October 04, 2007 3:18 PM  
Blogger Tina / Anxious Changer said...

Thinking of you...and hoping the next u/s gives you much better news to post here. **hugs**

October 05, 2007 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home