Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Very stressful non-stress test #3...

I had my second NST for this week at the hospital yesterday. For a NONstress test, they sure make it pretty stressful. My appointment was for 3, and we got in about 10 minutes early, so I was really excited at first...But we didn't get out until 5:45! Almost three hours!!! The nurse was really nice all the time and never told us anything to make us worry for the first hour and a half, but I was starting to wonder why we were still there. Finally, she said she wanted to get another opinion to see "if we can send you home"...All I heard was "IF". LOL. Eventually, they decided they wanted to send me for another ultrasound to check on my amniotic fluid levels and a biophysical profile. The sonographer didn't know what they were stressing about, thankfully, so I ended up being released after that.

According to the sonographer the problem could be that my little girl is squeezing or chomping on (chomping on?!) her umbilicial cord...I am not so convinced since it happens so frequently (this deceleration of her heartrate) and has happened at all 3 tests....


Anyway, it was pretty scary and definitely made it clear to me that she could come anytime now!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Hi Katrina.
I think you are very smart to be prepared for her birth in the next few weeks. The docs tend to be really cautious at the end. Take care of yourself and best wishes your way.

February 05, 2006 4:38 AM  
Blogger Wendchymes said...

hi katrina! my name is wendy and I found myself at your website today, as a new reader, and I too, am a single mother and considering having a second child someday via Donor or international adoption. My first daughter, Sierra Brooke Estrella was from a relationship, but her "father" is not in her life. I am very excited to hear about the impending arrival of your daughter, and can relate to your experience alot!(all the ultrasounds, the tests, the copious visits to Babies R US etc..) It is going to be the most overwhelming and thrilling time in your life, and I wish you all the best of luck!!! I have a website, http://wendchymes.diaryland.com and will be back to check on you!

February 05, 2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger JoCo said...

Hello there have been following your blog for a few months now. I am 35 and will be starting ivf with donor sperm in june this year. it is really great to be able to share your experience and i wish you all the best with your impending delivery.

February 06, 2006 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home