Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, February 11, 2006

All whine...no cheese

I have a few whines for the day.

The biggest one being that my car is having problems, yet again. This time it is a strange problem, in fact a "minor" problem I suppose, but I suspect it will cost lots of money regardless. Yesterday, when driving home from my second NST of the week (some decelerations as always, but not enough to worry them too much apparently..they only kept me for 1.5 hours), I stopped at Safeway. When I got out of the car, I noticed that the remote lock didn't work. I manually locked the car and went in, came out, manually unlocked the car. A pain, yes, but not a HUGE deal. Today, I went to take the hospital tour and when I returned to my car, my key would not turn very easily in the door, eventually, though, it did open. After the tour, I went out for lunch with a woman due a week before me that I met on a Due in March board and with whom we have been discussing the possibility of sharing a nanny. When I went back to my car (which I had manually locked), I could NOT get the key to turn for the life of me. I got in the car and leaned over from the passenger side, and STILL could not get the car to unlock. I tried for a good 5 minutes or so and then had her drive me to Ford. The man was unpleasant and not very helpful or hopeful about getting it fixed today, but told me I could get it towed there. I called AAA, got it towed, and then had to rent a car. You see, I am big to begin with, but with a 35 week pregnant belly, the thought of crawling over the gear shift to get both in and out of my car makes me want to vomit..LOL. I fear it will cost me mucho bucks and once again I am kicking myself for not buying a new car last year as I had considered...

Whine number 2. My feet are swollen. This probably comes as no surprise to most women who have been pregnant, but I have been so lucky during this pregnancy, no nausea, no horrible aches or pains I can't live with, no swelling. Alas, it has caught up with me. I noticed last night that my ankles were swollen, but today it is my feet and my ankles. I am not sure whether to be concerned or not. I mean, yesterday my blood pressure was EXCELLENT at the NST and swelling during pregnancy is normal...but what about rather sudden swelling? I can still get my shoes on, but they are uncomfortably tight...I have sat around a lot this afternoon/evening with my legs up since getting home from the car fiasco...Oh well, I see the perinatologist on Wed, I think I can hold out until then. But if it gets worse, I will at least call triage tomorrow or the OB Monday morning.

Whine number 3. My ankle hurts. LOL. I have no idea why! I did not twiset it as far as I know, but that is what it kinda feels like...I wonder if it is related to the swelling? (It is just my left ankle by the way that hurts..both ankles/feet are swollen).

Well, if you made it this far, thanks for listening. Next week will keep me quite busy so I may not get a chance to blog at all. I have three classes next week (the last week of my childbirth class, taking care of your newborn class, feeding your baby class), two NSTs, one perinatologist appointment, and an appointment with my tax person...all happening after working the full day. Plus now I will have to find time to go and pick up my car and pay megabucks I suspect at one point this week (let's pray it is this week and not like the whole fiasco last year!!!)

Off to continue nesting: washing baby clothes, packing baby suitcase and my suitcase, maybe do some good old housecleaning (who am I kidding?), addressing the thank you cards, etc...

5 Comments:

Blogger Deb2You2 said...

Just checking in to see how things are going with you. The nursery is adorable. Sorry you are starting to feel so icky. I think at was on bed rest at this point and pouting and moaning about that. As always, your week sounds busy and stressful. Can't wait until your little darling gets here. Deb

February 12, 2006 12:54 PM  
Blogger Care said...

How frustrating about your car - hope it turns out to be an easy (and cheap!) fix. And also hope your ankle starts feeling better and the swelling goes down. I had some swelling in my legs and feet toward the end of 2 out of 3 of my pregnancies.

February 12, 2006 4:33 PM  
Blogger Chastity said...

When it rains, it pours..or that's what they say. Car trouble truly stinks; I just pray my car makes it with no problems until after the baby gets here.

February 12, 2006 6:59 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I had the same thing happen with my car and Thankfully (for me!) it happened to my brother and his car first...Go to the dealership and have them make a key using the vin number and hopefully that will work! I was going to have a new ignition switch put in and thankfully my brother told me to go to the dealership. A new key was all it needed. Hopefully your car has the same problem! An easy 7 dollar fix!

February 12, 2006 9:48 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

You are getting so close! I believe the swelling is fairly normal. My kids were both summer babies and swelling comes with the time of year but I really think with all the testing and monitoring going on, if any was off at all, they would know.
Good luck with your car, hope it's nothing but a new key.

February 13, 2006 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home